Job Description: Temporary, Campaign Assistant, PSAC 901
Application Deadline: 4pm, Thursday September 27, 2018
Starting Date: Monday, October 1, 2018
Position Type: 3 weeks (approximately 35 hours at $41.37/hr for a total contract of $1448)
Posting Type: Internal and External
Workplace Location: Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario
The Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) Local 901 represents approximately 1800 academic workers at Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario.
We are hiring a temporary part-time campaign assistant for a 3-week special project during our Research Assistant first contract negotiations with the Employer (Queen’s University). This position starts immediately on Monday, October 1, 2018. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Research Assistant Bargaining Committee.
The skills and qualifications for this temporary contract are:
- Experience and interest in the labor movement in an academic context is preferred but not required
- Promoting campaign goals and organizing member participation
- Relaying ideas and concerns from members to the bargaining committee
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Friendly interpersonal skills and ability to work with a committee and independently to accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
Pleaseincludeaone-page coverletteroutliningyourqualifications,includingtworeferences and acurrentCV (maximum three pages). Email your application as a single .pdf file to the Vice-President of Research Assistants at: [email protected]
Qualified candidates will have interviews on Friday, September 28th in person or skype.
PSAC 901 is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Applications are encouraged from equity-seeking groups, including Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Download here: RA Campaign Job Posting.