THE PSAC LOCAL 901 RESEARCH ASSISTANT BARGAINING TEAM REPORT DISCUSSIONS ON THE DEFINITION OF RESEARCH ASSISTANT WORK
Greetings Research Assistants,
On July 5th, 2018 your elected Bargaining Team met with the Queen’s University Employer Bargaining Team for our second meeting. With the aid of PSAC negotiator Mathieu Brûlé, we continued our discussion on the definition of Research Assistant employee work. The two sides also exchanged proposals for a Research Assistant form similar to a contract to define individual workers duties and hours.
The Queen’s University Employer Bargaining Team is:
- Dan McKeown (Chief Spokesperson)
- Jim Banting (Assistant Vice Principle, Office of the Vice Principle Research)
- Lynda Jessup (Associate Dean, Graduate Studies and Research)
- Jada McNaughton (Senior Labour Relations Advisor, Faculty Relations)
- James Reynolds (Associate Dean, School of Graduate Studies)
Your elected Research Assistant Bargaining Team:
- Craig Berggold (President, PSAC Local 901 – Cultural Studies)
- Suhaylah Sequeira (Vice President Research Assistants, PSAC Local 901 – Chemistry)
- Marshall Timmermans (Chemistry)
Our next meeting with the employer will take place on August 16th, 2018.
If you would like to get involved with PSAC Local 901, have any questions or concerns about this bargaining process or about your current working conditions, please send an email to [email protected]
Your Research Assistant Bargaining Team,
Suhaylah, Craig, Marshall and Mathieu
Download this report here: Communique 2.