Greetings Research Assistants,
On June 20th, 2018 your elected Bargaining Team met with the Queen’s University Employer Bargaining Team. With the aid of PSAC negotiator Mathieu Brûlé, we had a productive conversation with the employer regarding the scope of graduate student Research Assistant employee work.
The two sides exchanged proposals on defining Research Assistant employee work, which will help define who is included in the bargaining unit. After the two parties agree on the scope of the bargaining unit, negotiations will then shift to the bargaining priorities that were voted and approved at the RA General Meeting in February 2018.
- Hourly wage rate and defined job description
- Health and dental contribution
- No claw backs for scholarships
- Paid training
- Health & Safety and Anti-Harassment policy
- Increased vacation time
- Transparent hiring
- $5 Lunches for RAs
Our next meeting with the Employer will take place on July 5, 2018.
The Queen’s University Employer Bargaining Team is:
- Dan McKeown (Chief Spokesperson)
- Jim Banting (Assistant Vice Principle, Office of the Vice Principle Research)
- Lynda Jessup (Associate Dean, Graduate Studies and Research)
- Jada McNaughton (Senior Labour Relations Advisor, Faculty Relations)
- James Reynolds (Associate Dean, School of Graduate Studies)
Your elected Research Assistant Bargaining Team,
- Craig Berggold (President, PSAC Local 901 – Cultural Studies)
- Suhaylah Sequeira (Vice President Research Assistants, PSAC Local 901 – Chemistry)
- Marshall Timmermans (Chemistry)
If you would like to get involved with PSAC Local 901, have any questions or concerns about this bargaining process or about your current working conditions, please send an email to [email protected].
Download this communiqué here.