The Public Service Alliance of Canada Local 901 Childcare Bursary
The PSAC 901 childcare bursary is intended to offset members’ childcare expenses incurred while they are working.
- The childcare bursary is open to PSAC Local 901 members regardless of their gender, marital or immigration
- The bursary provides reimbursement for expenses already paid during the semester you are applying for. It does not cover future
- The bursary reimburses childcare expenses incurred during a semester in which you are employed as a Teaching Assistant, Teaching Fellow or Postdoctoral Scholar at Queen’s University.
- Eligible expenses may include daycare, organized summer activities, before and after-school care and activities. Eligible childcare does not include care provided by family members or friends. Eligible childcare is not restricted to
- Dependent children must be under the age of 12 years; 18 years if the child has special needs.
- The fund amount is limited and bursary grants will likely only reimburse a portion of the childcare
- Eligible applicants with financial need will be given
PSAC Local 901 has allocated $20,000 for this childcare bursary per annum, funded equally by Unit 1 (TAs and TFs) and Unit 2 membership (Postdoctoral Scholars). The maximum bursary grant is $500 per semester per member.
There are three application cycles and deadlines each year:
How to apply
- Applicants must fill out the PSAC local 901 Childcare Application form and submit it to PSAC local 901 (by email or in person) by the posted
- Applicants must provide information about any other subsidies or bursaries received during the applicable semester(s).
- Applicants must disclose family income during the applicable
- PSAC local 901 reserves the right to request verification for all claims made on the application
- PSAC local 901 assumes no responsibility for the quality of the childcare funded by this bursary.
- Applications must include all requested information. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submitting your completed form and supporting material
By email: Please email your completed application and scanned receipts, as a single PDF, to firstname.lastname@example.org. *Stauffer Library has a scanner that you can use free of charge.
In person: Please submit your completed application and documentation to the PSAC local 901 office (Mac-Corry Hall, room E324) during office hours Monday to Friday, 10am-2pm.
The confidentiality of all of the provided information is assured.
Application review process
The PSAC 901 Social Justice Committee will review all of the applications and notify applicants via email. The Social Justice Committee is open to all PSAC local 901 members.
The PSAC local 901 Childcare Application Form
The application form can be downloaded online here: PSAC 901 Childcare Bursary Application Form . Please contact us with any questions about the bursary or the application process by emailing email@example.com.