The PSAC Ontario Region is pleased to offer the Unionism on Turtle Island course September 20-23, 2018 in Cornwall, Ontario at the NAV Centre.
This course is for PSAC members who:
- are ready to work as an Ally in solidarity with Indigenous Peoples in their union, workplace and community;
- live and work in the Ontario region;
- are members in good standing
- have completed the TUB (Talking Union Basics) course or the NAPC (National Aboriginal Peoples’ Circle) course, or have gained equivalent experience through being an active PSAC member;
- would like to learn more about the issues facing Indigenous workers
- want to challenge barriers to diversity within the union and workplace
The Unionism on Turtle Island course will bring together up to 20 PSAC members from across the Ontario region for an intense four (4) days of learning, questioning and supporting each other. Participants will explore the history of oppression and resistance, Indigenous issues at the bargaining table, creating a representative workforce, and opening the union to Indigenous activists. This course will provide a comfortable and supportive environment in which participants can explore their attitudes, ideas and questions. Participants will develop strategies to encourage solidarity and build the union.
Applications must be submitted by end of day on Tuesday, August 7th, 2018.
Please complete the on-line registration form. http://ontario.psac.com/unionism-turtle-island-september-20-23-2018-4-days.
See full call out letter UTICallOutLetter.
For more information, contact [email protected].