July 20, 2017
THE PSAC LOCAL 901 UNIT 1 BARGAINING TEAM REPORT
OUR MONETARY DEMANDS ARE ALL ON THE TABLE
Greetings Teaching Assistants and Teaching Fellows,
On July 12th, 13th, 19th and 20th, your Bargaining Team met with your Employer. Today, we tabled the local’s monetary proposals as unanimously approved by the membership at the March 30th 2017 Annual General Meeting. These monetary proposals supported our demands for:
- Tuition support/ subsidy/ fairness
- Increase TA Hourly Wage and Increase TF Course Contract Rate
- Funds to improve the health and dental plan and improve counselling services at the campus Wellness Centre
- New Childcare Bursary paid by employer
- Paid employer mandated-training for TAs always in addition to the contract hours (minimum 6 hours paid in addition to contract)
- No claw-back of TA/TF contracts included in funding packages when members receive external scholarship
During the past two weeks, the Bargaining Team continued to review several non-monetary proposals and we signed off on the following:
- Article 7: Correspondence and Information
- Article 8: Union Security
- Article 11: Grievance Procedure
- Article 19: Holidays and Vacation Pay
- New Article XX. Safe Disclosure
- Letter of Agreement #2
- Attachment A (Contact Information of Parties)
All agreements at the table will only take effect once the Collective Agreement has been completely ratified at the end of the negotiation process.
You can expect a communiqué from us by email, web bulletin and social media after every meeting with the employer.
If you would like to get involved, have any questions and concerns about this contract renewal process, or about your current working conditions, please send us an email to email@example.com.
Your Unit 1 Bargaining Team,
Alexander, Craig, Jawara and Stéfy