Applying for Childcare Benefits for Postdocs for the 2016 Benefit Year
If you had a contract and paid for childcare expenses in the period of July 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016, you can submit a childcare expense claim via Queen’s Childcare Benefits. (There will be a separate application round for the 2017 Benefit Year, which started January 1, 2017.)
The application process has a number of steps. Allow enough time to ensure that you do not miss the July 18, 2017 deadline.
For complete instructions on how to access these new Childcare Benefits visit:
Claiming your 2016 childcare expenses through the Queen’s Childcare Benefit Program:
- Go to http://www.queensu.ca/humanresources/news/childcare-psac-unit2-20170519 and use the link provided to log into the Childcare Support System
You will need your Queen’s NetId and password.
- For each child/provider, create and print an attendance form. If a child attended more than one facility, create a form for each location.
- Bring the attendance form to the child’s care facility/facilities, so that they may complete, sign and return it to you.
- Log back into the Childcare System, go to Step 2, and enter the information provided by the care provider.
- Return the signed form to HR by the deadline (July 18, 2017).
Postdocs who had a contract between July 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016 can claim childcare expenses for this period even if they are no longer a Postdoc at Queen’s.
If you know of any Postdocs who have left Queen’s, but may qualify to submit childcare expenses please forward this information to them.
If you would like PSAC local 901 to put you on a reminder list for the 2018 Benefit Year, please supply your permanent, non-Queen’s email address to PSAC local 901 Administrative Manager Emily at email@example.com, with the subject heading Postdoc Childcare Benefits Reminder.
Please contact your Vice-President Postdocs at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments.
Have a wonderful day and enjoy the spring weather!
Your PSAC local 901 team!